Write a blog post about why you blog professionally and some of the things you blog about. Share it using the #EdBlogNZ hashtag so the newbies can get further ideas to blog about.
I started this blog four years ago next week at the end of ULearn11, well actually the 21 October 2011, but we rearranged when the term breaks were that year for a wee Rugby World Cup that was happening in NZ that year. This is my first blog post: ULearn11 - learning, discovering, trying it out for myself.
Since I began this blog I started four others:
- One where I discuss the political side of education and society in general. It is public.
- One where I review books, because I love reading. It is public.
- One that is attached to my Curriculum Vitae as a link to give more information about how I run my classroom programmes and me as a teacher. This is not public and is by provided link only.
- One that is my Teacher Inquiry and is a record of me as a classroom teacher for registration. This is not public and is by provided link only.
So what have I blogged about on this blog?
- art activities I have done with my class.
- social studies units I have done with my class.
- reading units I have done with my class.
- writing activities I have done with my class.
- my class camp.
- how I run my Reading Tumble, my spelling programme, why I do handwriting and homework.
- how I use modelling books.
- technology I have used in my classroom programme with the pros and cons.
- courses and conferences I have been on like ULearn, ConnectED, Teachers Matter, Educamps, EduIgnites and NZEI.
- why I use Twitter and social media.
- blogging challenges like #edsketch and the blogging meme.
- being the new teacher and the challenges it brings.
- classroom environments.
- issues of the day in education.