Learning is....
Planting a seed in our brain... learning to water, nurture and grow it.... so we can live on the fruit of our learning and plant more seeds.

Monday 16 January 2017

Christmas Lights art activity with Juniors

I know that it is a wee bit after Christmas now, but you can save this in your Christmas Pinterest for next year.


I got this idea from Pinterest and thought it would be an effective activity to do with a junior classroom.  Robyn, whose room I had been in several times, had a wall that was begging for a bit of artwork and was happy to have some children's artwork to fill the gap in the last two weeks of school.


You simply need:
  • black A4 sized cartridge paper for each child
  • a green crayon each
  • a paint tray with yellow, red, blue and green paint
  • children with fingers.
I did this activity with four children at a time.  Other children were completing literacy activities and I called up the children according to where they were on the roll so I did not miss any out.



We started first by drawing a wiggly line using the green crayon across the page.  Then we used a finger to dip in the red paint and tap it along the line at random points.  Then repeat with another finger with the yellow paint, repeat again with a third finger with the green paint and again a fourth finger with the blue paint.



You could try and match up  the lines from page to page if you are fussy enough....



I then finger painted a title to  got with the display using black paper and the same paints.  Below are the finished works of this Year 1/2 class.  I didn't go back to the school to see the wall display, but I'm sure it was awesome.






1 comment:

  1. There looked great Melanie. Thank you. I'll see if I took a photo of the wall when they all went up. I was thinking of getting some Christmas lights to enhance the display but didn't because of the big move but that would have looked incredible.

    ReplyDelete